March 18, 2020
Good Afternoon Jumoke Academy Family,
First let me say that I am hoping that you and your families are well during these challenging times and that I appreciate everyone’s patience, commitment, and ongoing support for the Academy, our scholars, faculty, and staff! Please know that we will continue to put the safety of our community first in all that we do. The purpose of this communication is to provide updates and key communications that you need to be aware of. In addition, I will use this format to also keep you informed of our efforts to continually plan for what we anticipate will be significant changes to how we deliver instruction and continue ensuring the education of our scholars for the remainder of the school year. Please see important updates below:
- Jumoke Academy campuses and district offices will remain in short-term shut down through the end of March 2020. Over the next week and a half, our Academic Department Leadership has been and will continue to work with principals and other central office departments to plan and coordinate a new Distance Learning Plan. It should be noted that we are planning with the expectation of rolling out a District Learning Plan sometime the week of March 30, 2020. Until then, it is expected that scholars and their parents are accessing the supplemental resources compiled by our Academic Department and uploaded by our teachers at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10z1g7NF3ASFqx5Qb-ZgQBwq-A8Ft4gTK .
- Jumoke Academy facilities department in collaboration with B&H facilities Management Company has put into place a deep cleaning protocol of all of our campuses thus far this week. A 9 member team has been actively wiping down all touch surfaces, instruments, educational toys and manipulatives in all of our buildings. Please note that this is not just a spring cleaning event and involves disinfectant processes that require additional approved cleaning agents that we would not normally use.
- Jumoke Academy District offices and leadership are all working remotely daily and available during working hours to respond to inquiries and other concerns. To access these offices, please send an email and include your phone number if you desire a return call. Thank you again in advance for your patience as we work through this protocol.
- All information and communications from the Jumoke Academy district office can be found at (jumokeacademy.org) and clicking the “covid19 updates” tab. It will be important to check this tab periodically for archived information and current updates to ensure that everyone is receiving consistent information. As current information becomes available, regular communications will be shared and later saved to this location on our website.
- As a reminder, all scholars and siblings in the same household up to age 18 are eligible to receive a free meal at one of the 8 meal sights located throughout the City of Hartford. Meals are available beginning at 11:45 a.m. daily. Please see the following link for sight locations and times of operation https://jumokeacademy.org/2020/03/emergency-meals-location-map/
Be aware of Corona Virus symptoms! Coughing, shortness of breath, fever, chest pains (in more severe cases). Please seek medical advice and care as needed. To help prevent the spread of the virus, remember that we should stay home to protect ourselves and others you may come in contact with. Washing your hands with hot soapy water often and refraining from touching your face should become a common practice. Please continue to monitor the advice coming from the CDC, DPH, and medical community as this situation evolves.
I sincerely appreciate all of you and the commitment and support you have for this district and our scholars! Feel free to reach out via email with questions directed to your child’s building principal for building specific responses that may be needed. As a reminder, our district office is also available to respond as needed.
Please take care of yourself and your family!